Tuesday, November 17, 2015
At Home In Vancleave Mississippi
Vancleave, Mississippi is a community located within Jackson County and is a census-- designated place and is on the West Bank of the Pascagoula River, 12 miles North West of Pascagoula which is the county seat. According to the United States Census Bureau, the number of people that resided in St. Martin was recorded as best real estate broker realtor Vancleave Mississippi Vancleave MS 5,586 in 2010. Descendants of the Vancleave family, for whom the town is named, still reside in this area.
Vancleave developed as a community in the early to mid-19th century on Bluff Creek which is a small tributary of the Pascagoula River http://www.realestate.com.au/ about 7 miles north of the see Gulf of Mexico. The community was originally known as Bluff Creek until 1870 when the Postmaster named it Vancleave in honor of a prosperous merchant named Robert Van content Cleave who established a Read More Here trading post on Bluff Creek.
Vancleave remained a rural town until the beginning of World War II after which shipyard laborers started to move into this area to build ships to support the war efforts at the local shipyard. The shipyard was Ingalls, which was founded by Bob Ingalls. To this very day, this shipyard is considered to be one of the most important shipyards in the U.S.
Currently, Vancleave is the fastest growing community in Jackson County. Over the past 10 years, the population has grown by 25 percent. Vancleave is a bedroom resort community that is near 2 championship golf courses and many historic properties you can try these out which are surrounded by bayous and wetlands on three sides.
Vancleave's has a lovely natural surroundings provides lots of opportunities for leisure and also eco-tourism.